Dec 14, 2009

Monroe Arenacross

After an awesome weekend at Sun River with my girlfriend and family over Thanksgiving, I missed 2 races, putting me out of the series. I decided to go to round 4 in Monroe, WA to ride with my friends from Pinnacle. After not racing since the last arenacross, I was struggling with arm pump a little in practice. I finally settled into a good race pace. After crashing in one qualifier and get hit in the head by another rider, I went to the LCQ for the 450 Junior class, making the main in the Plus 25 and BTH.
MAIN 1 (450 Junior)
What a battle this class was! For the most part it was a stuff section in every corner. I accidentally took out 2 riders by being aggressive - I'm pretty sure they wanted to kill me, but hey, I took 2nd. All I had to say was "Welcome to arenacross"!
MAIN 2 (Plus 25)
I had a good start behind the pros and one other Plus 25 rider; passing him clean and running away with it.
Main 3 (BTH)
This was a good race with lots of passing after the start. I was pretty much towards the back of the pack, then moving to 2nd, back to 4th, and then 3rd and back to 4th for my finish. Needless to say, I was not too happy with the overall, but hey, ya can't win them all!

Until next time...

0 comments:

Post a Comment